Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tapering


So I'm tapering this week in preparation for OKC.  Tapering, for those of you out there in the Blogosphere that haven't been around endurance athletes, is that week or weeks before a a race were you cut down on your training and basically prepare your body for the upcoming race.  Some might call it relaxing, but I, the Engerizer Bunny, consider it to be a small little slice of hell. If I were just tapering one sport (the running) it wouldn't be that bad, but I have to slow all of my tri training down.   So I can't do hard pool workouts and I can't spin hard!  BTW:  Eladio, if you're reading this...my dog Cooper is writing my blog today and Marcus is in no way involved and loves tapering and takes it incredibly seriously.  OK, so I probably should enjoy this time thinking of it as a small deposit towards a potential PR in OKC.   All the same, I have to say I don't like it - what the heck do I do with all of this time that I now have?  OK I'm done ranting...actually Cooper's done ranting.  Woof!

No comments:

Post a Comment